Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 1 - Dinner

Karly did indeed come up for the evening and so I made us both dinner. I told her what I would be making for myself, and since she had no objections, I made it for the both of us:
  • Shrimp, broiled sans shells in the oven for two minutes one one side and one minute on the other, then quickly cooled in the freezer. They were seasoned with Old Bay, fresh ground pepper, a touch of kosher salt (careful - the Old Bay has salt in it too), and a healthy sprinkling of hot Hungarian paprika. They were good and spicy!
  • A cucumber salad. The cucumbers were quartered lengthwise and then chopped into small bites. I used two English cucumbers total, about six cups worth. The dressing was made with apple cider vinegar, the juice of half a lemon, and 1/3 tsp. of Sweet & Low, and I seasoned with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and dill. It was refreshing... and only slightly boring. :)
We both enjoyed dinner, although Karly wished she had more shrimp. To be honest, I did too. I am used to having a lot more protein in my diet - having just come from an Atkin's life style - and in spite of eating five cups of the cucumber salad, I was still feeling pretty unsatisfied. The half grapefruit I had about an hour after dinner helped a bit, but not much. Karly handled here cravings with a couple spoons of peanut butter and a piece of dark chocolate with raspberries. That didn't bother me, but I was really craving a Diet 7-Up. We wondered whether, if the HCG diet had been created at the end of the 20th century, whether Doctor Simeons would have allowed diet sodas (Trudeau wouldn't, of course, but that guy's just a charlatan trying to sell his books/products so his "protocols" are of no import to me; talk about the worst of pseudo-science...).

I had a nice phone chat with my partner after dinner. She sounded a bit tired. She works very hard at both her job and private practice, and I've noticed that she seems kind of worn out by the end of the week, so I doubt her low energy was solely the result of the diet, although it couldn't help in that regard I'm sure. She's going to spend tomorrow (Saturday) playing catch up at home, so I'll take the opportunity to do the same.

Finally, I will say that it was far easier to go without a cocktail than I had anticipated. I don't have one every night, but I do most. Regardless, that was not what I was craving last night... it was that darn Diet 7-Up!!!

Cheers!

- Rodney
HCG Wingman

No comments:

Post a Comment