Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 3 - Morning

Just a quick one this morning - I've got stuff to do!

First, I weighed in at 222 lbs this morning - before any potty breaks, if you know what I mean. I can see a noticeable difference in water retention, which I shall take as a sign that I've managed to get rid of the water weight I had gained during the "load" phase... Huzzah!

Dinner was good last night, but not anything to rave about. I baked the papillote in the oven for 30 minutes at 350ยบ, which was enough for the chicken, but not quite enough for the asparagus even though I let it rest for another 30 minutes or so (I was reading and lost track of time). The asparagus was not even quite al dente, but if I had cooked it any longer the chicken would have been overdone. Next time, I'll microwave the asparagus a bit first; that should help them to get done at the same time. It is a very easy, fire-and-forget cooking method, so I'm sure I'll use it again, at least when cooking for myself.

My partner called last night. She had gone out to dinner at one of the nicer restaurants in the area, with some friends to celebrate one of their pending birthdays. She had a filet mignon (yes, I am a tad jealous), and really enjoyed it. I am proud of her for keeping to her diet in an environment full of temptations... including cheesecake!

Speaking of her, we shall be dining together tonight. I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Back to work,

Cheers!

- Rodney
HCG Wingman

No comments:

Post a Comment